August 16, 2005

A little preaching...

I am not naive to realize that racial hatreds are being birthed and nurtured in other places of the world as we make our reconcilliations about World War II in the Pacific. I don't hold much hope that we'll all get it right and reconcilled this side of heaven. My belief about this world is that a genuine world peace can only come through the Creator's salvation and restoration, and there will always be enemies of God who would rather make their own rules and run their own show. Judging from my experience even among followers who desire to live a life submitted to Jesus being their Lord, this peace and harmony will only be truly known in heaven, when he makes all things new. Only then will we be restored to the way we were supposed to be in the beginning. But we're learning in this life...and sometimes we're getting it right. Because I have experienced the power of being forgiven for my selfish and stubborn nature, it has in turn softened my unforgiveness of others who I thought I'd had the 'right' to hate.

Okay, enough preaching. I want to write about what lead to the above apology.

No comments: