September 12, 2002

Beyond Bathrobes: Confirms My Calling Here

I've come up for air after this weekend's BEYOND BATHROBES AND SANDALS workshop.

Beyond Bathrobes & Sandals Workshop Posted by Hello

It was a lot of work preparing for it with Lucilla Teoh and Paul Seow, but we ended up with a GREAT workbook for participants and, if I may say so, the content was OUTSTANDING. One session had a handout with ideas to get people started on writing their own "local context" Christmas sketches. The time went great too, with a few suprises. Two people who came for the training are supposedly leaders in their church drama ministry. They admitted that this weekend workshop was only their second drama training experience -- their first being a secondary school show (or workshop) and they admitted not really understanding or learning much...way back then) YIKES! We're in worse shape than I thought! But also confirms my calling to help equip drama ministries here.