October 06, 2012

A Prayer of Thanksgiving and Petition for Creativity

If you're reading and you have the time to approach this article as a devotional, I want you to start by watching this video prayerfully. Here is my prayer. You can join me in it.

Lord, 

As I watch this BBC video with images of your creation, help me to know you better and see who You are more clearly. Thrill my soul with this visual revelation and reminders of how incomparable you are as an artist. Inspire me to worship and serve you more fully, freely and wholly...



Lord, you take my breath away! Open my eyes that I might see the wildness, and beauty and creativity in your creation as often as I breathe or eat. I pray that you will fill me with a growing ability to be like you in creativity. Let me draw near you and learn from you that I might join you in inspiring others to enjoy such lavish, even 'wild' creativity, and let that in us be part of what draws the lost to you. I pray for your church, Lord, that this creative nature of yours be embraced and celebrated.


I run in the path of your commands for you have set my heart free. Psalm 119:32  





No comments: