February 03, 2007

Arts4Jesus & Praying on Mondays


I can't even remember when it was that Dawn Fung and I started praying on Mondays for A4J and the other influential friends in Singapore's arts community.

It started 'cause we inherited the moderation of the group from Mary, Sean and Lucilla.
We just wanted to be asking God what we should do with an egroup like this.
We really weren't sure (we still aren't!).
All we sensed at that time was a need to be praying for the group. So we started.

I admit to you, I've never been a so-called "prayer warrior" (i like to DO things) and I admit I'm sometimes (often?) skeptical about the difference our prayers are making.

But I am starting to see the effect this dedicated prayer time is having on my own heart
and my compassion
and trust in the LORD to fulfill his purposes
in my joy
and humility
and a growing deep curiosity about how the LORD of ALL responds to the prayers of his people.*

As Dawn took on a day job in January, she can't be praying on Monday mornings for now.
However, there have been a few others who are coming along when they can, or who are planning to come when the schedule is free.

Our high-tech group is getting a little higher-touch.
That's a good thing.

If you're free 10AM and want to join us, let me know.
Or let us know how to pray...
If your not free during the mornings, I've started making lunch dates at 12:30 after we've prayed.
This next Monday we're meeting at the Esplanade Library cafe. Wanna join us?

*We ARE praying for some BIG only-God-can-do-it kinds of things for people. I long to see miracles! I want to hear of artists we know and love, and others we only read about in 8 Days or LIFE! come back to a deep abiding love relationship with Jesus. I'd love to be a part of that! I'd love to see our community be full of people who, despite crummy earthly examples, know and trust their Father in heaven, and the way of life he has laid out for us in Scriptures, enough to DESIRE to live a holy life which pleases him. I envision Arts4Jesus members filled with same Spirit who rose Christ from the dead! Yeah! What would this world be like if you are all powerfully, creatively alive as holy and radiant lights in this world so damaged by the effects of sin?

See? this prayer is chainging me. i didn't used to say/write stuff like that.

No comments: