January 27, 2007

Great Local Play!

This week I probably saw the best local production I've seen in 7 years. I can't think of another that was so outstanding on every level.


Action Theatre's Everything but the Brain. Kind of an unappealing title for a show that was so wonderful. Terrific script (Jean Tay), well acted (go Gerald Chew, Pamela Oei and the rest), super directing (Samantha Blackhall-Smith), the lighting was a clever and integral part of keeping the story moving at a fast clip (Suven is always aweson), educational, endearing, heartwarming. I'm still thinking and remembering moments of the show even 5 days later. It closes today. Shows come and go so quickly here. Hardly time to get the word out. At least for this show I brought along 7 others - 6 from TCA College and Gemia Foo, a theatre artist with a day job in desperate need of some creative outlets!

Almost went a second time with Jim last night, but inertia set in after dinner. Maybe I'll rally to go at 8PM for the final show...

No comments: