July 03, 2004

Parody: Sung to the tune of “OLD FASHIONED WEDDING”

From the musical Annie Get Your Gun
(of course you CAN get a man with a gun!)

HE:
We’ll have an Old Fashioned reading.
Powerful with merely stools and black notebooks.
I’ll speak as if you’re a spot out there.
You’ll move them deeply though we both face front.
Anywhere in any little chapel,
Bookstores & coffee houses too.
We’ll have an old fashioned Reader’s Theatre
A simple reading for a low-budget ministry.

SHE:
I want my dramas in a big church with stage crews and orchestras!
A lot of actors with costumes and wireless microphones.
150 graceful dancers who will fill the stage I pray.
From the rafters fly in angels just like how they do in Cirque du Soleil.
Better yet we’ll have it in the beautiful and brand new Esplanade
A big finale that will end with fireworks and huge parade.
I want my dramas like that Willow Creek has
Everything big not small
If I can’t have that kind of production
I don’t want to have drama at all.

REPEAT TOGETHER

(END:
HE: We'll have an old fashioned reading!
SHE:If it’s not a big show then I don’t want to have drama at all)

No comments: